Description and responsibilities
Ideal GSE Team Leader candidates are graduate students, teachers or upper level undergraduate students who are well-versed in the startup perspective, with a broad range of interests and experiences. Team Leaders expand the intellectual and creative horizons of GSE students by coaching them in product/service design and development, and components of a business model. Emphasis is placed on innovation, customer development (validation), iteration and pivoting, and triple-bottom line philosophy. Team Leaders must work well with young people and be willing and able to make every topic experiential and relevant. They should be creative problem-solvers who are enthusiastic, flexible, and energetic and who can help teams of high school students to function well in an intensive, ever-changing environment.
Team Leaders are expected to participate in a living-learning/working situation with the students which may include evenings and weekends.
Some specific duties of Team Leaders include:
1. To develop and maintain an ongoing relationship with students.
2. To initiate contacts, stimulate conversation and excitement among students, to assist in supervision of team sessions, activities and field trips, and to be involved in all aspects of delivering the core content of the program to students.
3. To mentor and coach student teams to help them develop their ideas to the fullest potential and understand the components of a business model.
4. To stimulate creative and divergent thinking among the students.
5. To work cooperatively with other program Instructional Coaches, Team Leaders and Resident Advisors to create a collaborative community of leadership for the student entrepreneurs.
Each Team Leader is required to attend mandatory training June 15 - June 20, 2015.
Pay is based on experience and background. A room and all meals will be provided at no cost. Team Leaders will be on duty daily with occasional evening and weekend hours, and are encouraged to join in with social activities in order to build closer relationships with the students.
GSE is an equal opportunity employer.
Employment will be contingent upon an unremarkable background check.
Pictured above: Staff and Team Leader training