Governor’s School for Entrepreneurs 2017
June 25 - July 15, 2017
300 North Broadway
Lexington, KY 40508
Since team building is essential to GSE, an overriding philosophy of freedom coupled with responsibility permeates all that students do. The program’s few regulations are governed by law, safety, and common concern for the total GSE community.
(1) Student automobiles or other motorized vehicles are prohibited, in addition to riding in unauthorized vehicles, or leaving campus for unauthorized trips.
(2) No drugs, including alcoholic beverages, are allowed.
(3) No firearms or other deadly weapons are allowed.
All of these rules will be strictly enforced. A student will be dropped from the program and immediately sent home for violation of any of these rules.
In order to be selected to attend GSE, each student must sign a consent form agreeing:
(1) To stay for the entire three weeks without interruption (except for illness or emergencies); and
(2) To abide by GSE rules which include attending sessions daily, while participating fully in sessions and in the life of the community. This includes weekday and weekends on campus as well.
Before applying, you and your parents or guardians should understand that you are expected to stay for the full term of three weeks without interruption. Your teammates are counting on you to help build a successful product and company. Students who know of scheduling conflicts in advance should contact GSE to discuss the conflict or should not apply.